- Borner, K., Conlon, M., Corson-Rikert, J., & Ding, Y. (eds) (2012). VIVO: A Semantic Approach to Scholarly Networking and Discovery. Synthesis Lectures on the Semantic Web: Theory and Technology. Morgan & Claypool Publisher (Book).
- Yang, Y., Tang, J., Keomany, J., Zhan, Y., Ding, Y., Li, J., & Wang, L. (2012). Mining competitive relationships by learning across heterogeneous networks. The 21st ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM2012) (full paper, accept rate: 13.4%), October 29- Novermer 2, 2012, Hawaii, USA.
- Lariviere, V., Sugimoto, C.R., & Cronin, B. (2012). A bibliometric chronicling of Library and Information Science's first hundred years. Journal of the American Society for Information Science & Technology, 63(5), 997-1016.
- Finlay, S.C., Ni, C., & Sugimoto, C.R. (2012). New methods for an old debate: Utilizing student response to investigate the relationship between collaboration and quality in academic journal articles.Library & Information Science Research, 34, 131-137.
- Sugimoto, C.R. (2012). Initiation, Cultivation, Separation and Redefinition: Application of Kram's mentoring framework to doctoral education in Information and Library Science. Journal of Education for Library & Information Science, 53(2), 98-114.
- Milojević, S. (2012). Multidisciplinary cognitive content of nanoscience and nanotechnology. Journal of Nanoparticle Research. 14(1): 1-28. Doi: 10.1007/s11051-011-0685-4.
- Yan, E., Ding, Y., Milojević, S., Sugimoto, C.R. (2012). Topics in dynamic research communities: An exploratory study for the field of information retrieval. Journal of Informetrics. 6(1): 140-153.
- Liu, X., (2012). Generating Metadata for Cyberlearning Resource through Information Retrieval and Meta-search, Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
- Guo, C., Chinchankar, R., & Liu, X. (2012) Knowledge Retrieval for Scientific Literatures. American Society for Information Science and Technology
- Shuai, X., Liu, X., & Bollen, J. (2012) Improving news ranking by community tweets. Workshop on mining social network dynamics (WWW2012)
- Liu, X., Zhang, J. & Guo, C. (2012) Full-Text Citation Analysis: Enhancing Bibliometrics and Scientific Publication Ranking. ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management
- Chamnongsri, N., Manmart, L., Wuwongse, V. & Jacob, E. K. (2011). A conceptual model metadata of
Thai palm leaf manuscripts. In U. M. Munshi & B. B. Chaudhuri (Eds.), Statistical Science and Interdisciplinary Research, Vol. 10: Multimedia information extraction and digital heritage preservation (pp. 243-260). Hackensack, NJ: World Science.
- Jacob, E. K., George, N. L., & Arave, G. (2011). And the winner is . . . The perils and pitfalls of rank order analysis [Abstract]. In Facets of Knowledge Organization: Proceedings of the ISKO UK Biennial Conference, 4th-5th July, 2011, London (pp. 137-138). Bingley, UK: Emerald.
- Lee, S. & Jacob, E. K. (2011). An integrated approach to metadata interoperability: Construction of a conceptual structure between MARC and FRBR. Library Resources & Technical Services, 55(1), 17-32.
- Yan, E., Ding, Y., & Jacob, E. K. (2011): Knowledge discovery in research communities: Matching publication clusters on shared author and word relations. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Scientometrics and Informetrics (ISSI), July 4-8, 2011, Durban, South Africa.